Friends of Oakwood (FOO) is a registered charity with volunteers that contribute towards and are part of the Parent Teachers Association (PTA) committee for Oakwood Infant School.
- Raise funds to enhance the pupil educational experiences
- Promote and nurture a community spirit for all involved with school: pupils, parents/carers, staff and governors
- Become ambassadors of the school, raising the school’s profile within the local community
The committee is made up of a team of like-minded individuals who all want to work towards enhancing the school for the benefit of current and future pupils and staff.
The committee for the 2015 / 2016 academic year is:
|Co-Vice Chair||Claire Pymm
Please click here to view a comprehensive description on how the committee is formed and what each role involves.
The committee is also supported by Class Representatives who further enhance the links between the school and parents/carers. These parent helpers run an Information Desk on the last Friday of the month in the playground which is an excellent way to find out more information regarding fundraising and school events.
The Class Representatives for each Year Group for the 2015 / 2016 academic year are:
|Year R rep||Marianne Gaspar|
|Year 1 rep||George Keep|
|Year 2 rep||Natalie Carey|
What we do
Throughout the school year we organise fund raising events ranging from selling refreshments at assemblies to organising family occasions and evening dances.
Monthly meetings are held to discuss fundraising events and sub-committees formed to run each activity. In past years the school has benefited from funds raised from a variety of events including:
- Christmas Fair
- Family Treasure Hunt
- Spring Dance
- Summer Event on the Green
- Circus day
Each meeting is documented in minutes and distributed to all parents/carers and staff and termly newsletters are created to keep everyone up-to-date with what fundraising events are scheduled and what the funds are being used for.
In the past years FOO has proudly provided the school funds for:
- Maintaining school grounds
- Updating IT equipment
- Ingredients for cookery lessons
- Children’s Fun Time day
- Play-time equipment
What you can do
We are reliant on the support of parents, teachers and local business for our continued success.
Our fundraising provides fun and enriching experiences for the children but at the same time, FOO enables more parental involvement with the school and offers a fantastic opportunity to make great friendships, be it at a Friends meeting or one of our social events.
Ways to be involved:
- Buy refreshments at assemblies
- Attend meetings
- Volunteer to help at fundraising events
- Ask your company about fund matching
- Provide contacts to local businesses to support events
- Use Just Text Giving to directly donate to the school
- Attend fundraising events
- Help at the events
- Use The Giving Machine when shopping online
If you would like to know more, want to get involved and make a change, want to make new friends then come and join us. Please feel free to contact us the committee, through your Year Reps or by email.